Nature’s Trust Rhode Island’s email address is:
NaturesTrustRI@pobox.com (note the s after Nature!)
Kelsey Cascadia Rose Juliana, a 16-year-old from Eugene, is passionate about preserving this beautiful Earth.
A wealth of information with current developments, videos, action plans, etc.: Our Children’s Trust
Mary Christina Wood on Bill Moyers’ last show talks about the time-honored public trust doctrine.
A short video about what motivates people:
If you really want to dig into the legal theory and the failure of the current system of permits to destroy the environment, read Nature’s Trust. Or attend this virtual lecture by Mary Christina Wood at Yale:
- International Cryosphere Initiative: “Never has a single generation held the future of so many coming generations, species and ecosystems in its hands.” (2015)
- Hansen, Amicus Brief “ Effective action remains possible, but delay in undertaking sharp reductions in emissions will undermine any realistic chance of preserving a habitable climate system.”(2011)}
- Foster et al. “Humanity’s fossil-fuel use, if unabated, risks taking us, by the middle of the twenty-first century, to values of CO$_2$ not seen since the early Eocene (50 million years ago).” (2017)
- Turner et al. did satellite studies that “suggest that U.S. methane emissions have increased by more than 30% over the 2002–2014 period.” (2016)
- Growth curve of global atmospheric CO2: see How to distribute humanity’s remaining carbon-dioxide budget, Appendix A.